supported by

Update – 5th March 2021

4 weeks to go!


With less than a month to go, we would normally be putting the finishing touches to the plans for the Festival and watching the entries rolling in. Unfortunately with the latest Covid outbreak on the Island – a much more widespread one than the early January one – all the plans have been thrown into doubt.


As we have said all along, the organising team of Chris Quine, Dave Ronan, Michelle Stevens and myself are still doing everything we possibly can to have everything in place to run the Festival as planned over Easter weekend. We continue with those plans and will give it as much time as we can to see how the outbreak is managed and whether there is any prospect of the Island coming out of lockdown before Easter.


We have discussed the current situation and its implications in some detail, and we can now confirm the following:


  • The Festival will not be rearranged to an alternative date. If it cannot take place as planned at Easter, this year’s event will be cancelled. There are simply too many logistical difficulties involved to rearrange it.


  • If the Festival is cancelled, all competitors who have entered will receive a full refund – or the option to defer the entry to next year.


  • Because of the uncertainty over the event going ahead, we have decided not to go ahead with anything other than the three races. We will not be doing t-shirts or having a formal Prize Presentation evening. Prize cheques will be posted out.


  • Those who have already ordered t-shirts either as part of the Full Festival entry or separately will receive a refund in respect of the t-shirt. This will be done after Easter and will be the difference between the total paid and the cost of the race entries.


  • The online entry system has been taken offline to be adjusted. It will be back online at 8am tomorrow morning (Saturday) without the Full Festival option. It will simply consist of the three race entries.


  • There will now be NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF THE RACES. This is to avoid long queues, which we feel would be best practice at present. The online entry system will now remain open until 12 noon on Wednesday 31st March, two days before the first race.


  • There will be a pre-Festival collection of race numbers from Manx Harriers clubhouse, where a one-way system will be in operation using both doors, and social distancing if required. Date and time to be confirmed.